Monday, October 13, 2008

Boca Chica

Hey,
As far as I know, the power company (probably the government) switches which part of the country has power at what time. Everyone has a different light schedule...it just so happens that ours is terrible. But I heard they do it like that becuase so many people steal power by attaching their own lines into the power lines, so yeah, they pretty much cut off the power to get even with everyone stealing electricity...which is basically everyone. The food the food. Well, When we eat at members....it´s beans and rice, which I like. When we do it ourselves...it means going to the empenada stand and buying 10 peso empenadas. Once I´ve had rice and another time, yesterday, my comp cooked eggs. Today we are going to go buy alot of food. One reason is that we got money today, and the other is that we got a new fridge. The other was pretty much solid mold on the inside, so we never used it. The new one is soooo nice. But since the power doesn´t work very much, you have to be careful what you put in there and for how long. really careful. But yeah, everything is going great. Well, we didn´t really clean the house...he cleaned the kitchen a little yesterday. I cleaned off this table with a mound of what missionaries have left there for the past 6 months. It was gross. Anyway, I don´t know how I got better...that´s usually how it goes for me...I get really sick, and the next day I´m fine. But yeah, I really really didn´t want to go to the mission home, so I tried not make it look like I felt as bad as I did, which I probably shouldn´t have done. Anyway, you haven´t gotten anything yet becuase at the meeting that we were supposed to take pictures, the president and his wife both had pink eye. So they wore sunglasses all day, and they didn´t want to take pictures, but we did it a couple of days ago....so you should get something soon. maybe. That´s funny about the hay. My old district, in the CCM, talked about that alot. Elder Garner, the one from Canada, told me about the people that harvested their corn on Sunday lost everything. It all went bad, plus the stuff that they didn´t harvest got wiped out by a storm. But the people that waited got everything. so yeah. Well, I better go. Later.

No comments: