Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Letter to Val

Aug. 8, 2008

Hey Val,

11:00 am Everything is going great. I don't know what to say because I emailed mom and dad pretty much everything. [lol - yeah, you can see how extensive his emails are . . . ] Did they get it? I hope so. Yeah, I can only email on Mondays. But if you want to get a letter to me faster, while I'm in Provo anyway, go to dearelder.com. It's same day delivery, but handwritten letters are cooler. Anyway, my district is way cool, and my teachers. My zone is good too. The first two days were a little, well, way overwhelming, but once it got to Sunday it was all down hill. One of my comps (Elder Gregson) has already gotten 8 packages. We're expecting another one today. The Spanish is way easy. I already know most of it. But I'm learning a lot from Preach My Gospel. Our first TA (teaching appointment) was Thursday. At first I was nervous, but it's amazing what you can say while teaching. The person was Kayce Orven (or something like that). He went to UCA, and went to Conway 1st Ward. He knew Brandon and Allie, so that was way cool. Oh, and one day at lunch I left my name tag on my suit jacket which I hung up somewhere and some guy from Snowflake asked me if I was a Sherwood. It was cool. One of the Elders in my district, Elder Walter, reminds me of our Burton uncles. He's way cool. Well, I hope everything is going well for you guys. How's the missionary work going?

1:30 pm Sorry, but I have few spare moments, so it takes me a whole day to write one letter. I got mom's today, so good job on Sis. Burchfield's neighbor. I also got my flight plans today. It's so exciting. We leave the 21st at 3:00 am. Go to Dallas, then Miami, and finally Santo Domingo. Then I go back to Miami on Sept. 20th, probably to get my visa. My roomates go a couple of days after me. Well, it was nice to hear from you. Tell everyone hey (and Elder Gregson did get his 9th package.) It's awesome.

Adios.
Elder Sherwood

7:30 Well, I couldn't get stamps or envelopes in time, so I'll have to send this Monday. Sorry. That's the problem with mail. It cost too much and I don't have time to buy stuff. Adios again.

9:30 We went to the RC again and I actually got a hold of someone. It was way cool. And it finally rained for the first time. It was so nice.

No comments: