Thursday, September 25, 2008

Email to Mom

This may be a little confusing, because he's mostly just answering her questions, but here it is nonetheless:

Well, we're supposed to go to the mission home tuesday and stay there all day (maybe not us)...ours is right down the road, like a couple minutes walking. The west's is a 20 minute drive, and we are in the west mission now, so that's weird. Anyway, I don't know anything other than that, and I won't until I'm there....but I wish I did. Well, we didn't go to the university again to teach because, as always, a storm always comes on our days to go. But last week, we were walking back to the ccm and this police/student guy was walking by us, so we started talking to him in spanglish (most people know quite a bit of English, well, the people that go to school, and they all want to practice it.) It turned out that he already has a Book of Mormon and is having missionaries over. He seem fairly interested in finding out more, but he didn't feel ready to go join a church and make all kinds of committments, but he was a really nice guy. No, I'm not getting any emails, well, grandma is sending some from Ryan. And of course I'm excited to get out and really talk to people...it's going to be crazy. It will definitely be scary, but great. Hopefully I'll have a good companion. And yes, the one I have now is great. We get along fine. The first week was weird because I was used to totally different people/personalities. The three of us just clicked. But the one I have now is a little different, so I just had to find out how to work things out. It all clicked one day in the first week, I think it was during our first weekly planning. I don't know, I just figured out what I needed to do, and it's been great. We teach great together, he likes to talk alot, which isn't bad, but I wish that he would yield it over sometimes. It makes me feel like I don't do enough. But it's good. Well, if they do go to LA I hope they have fun. It should be...serving always is.

No comments: