Thursday, September 4, 2008

From the CCM

Hey, how is everything? The weather isn't bad...it's about 85 or so i think. It's not too bad. My new companions name is Elder Fitch. We get along really well. It feels different with only one comp and without Elders Gregson and Mortensen, but it's alright. I'm used to it now. He's from Oregon. My district has 8 people in it. me, comp, king, garner (from Alberta), rempp (he reminds me of casey, AZ), grigg (ID), shawhan (CA), twitchell (UT, he's a wrestler). We all get along great. We have a story time every night. One person just tells a little something about them...I think it helps us all get closer together. There is one district here that aren't American. two of them are jamaican, one is from trinidad, and the other is from guatemala (he can speak english, spanish, and german.) There's not much to do here. We sit in class most of the time. Sometimes we get to go to the university and clean or contact. It's fun. A couple of days ago we went to "the store." It was pretty big and it had alot of stuff. It's so weird buying stuff in pesos. Afterward, my comp and i went and talked to someone while we were waiting for the bus. Nobody else did. But they told us that while we were talking that an armored car came up, and some guy with a shotgun jumped out and was pointing his gun around at people like he was trying to find someone. It sounded crazy.


Well, we do have beans and rice with a piece of chicken and beef everyday for lunch. Breakfast is always cocao crispies, corn flakes, or raisin bran. Plus oatmeal..which is what i always get. Twice we got pancakes and once we got eggs. Dinner is always a surprise. Once we got pizza hut. they made lasagna once, sphagetti once, and alot of other stuff. But i like it all. Hna Perkins cooks us cookies once a week and we eat ice cream on sundays....it's so good. Things are really busy. Tomorrow we have to teach the 2nd lesson in spanish. I don't have the lesson quite planned out, but it will be alright. We usually play basketball for gym, but when nobody wants to go outside (which has only happened twice) we play ping pong or ?phooseball? or however you spell it. I'm really good at it, not ping pong; i haven't played it. I have alot of nicknames already, and i'm afraid I'll get more after what happened today. I'm (elder) Arkansas, limbs, and others, but it's cool.

I don't know if i told you, but we were supposed to memorize d and c 4, the 1st vision, and our purpose in spanish, and our whole district did it last week. Hna. Perkins was really proud of us. I could barely do it because i lost my voice. Everyone has been getting sick recently. Well, i have to go. Adios


In other emails:

Someone mentioned that it was a tropical storm..don't we have another one at the moment? Nothing has happened. we just see rain. Yesterday it was really windy. REally windy.

yeah, it's fairly rainy, not bad. where i am anyway. Things have been going good. I forgot to tell blake happy birthday last week, but i'll say it now. We've actually played basketball and stuff during the storms...they don't care. I can't think of much to write right now....oh, what is all this about russia and whatever country Georgia, or something. later.

No comments: